Erin Tausend, ND
As a naturopathic doctor, I’m immersed in two of my passions — wellness and people. I enjoy getting to know my patients as I strive to understand their health goals and concerns. Whether our work together is focused on prevention or healing, my goal is to empower patients with knowledge and a practical plan to move their health forward.
Because our sense of wellbeing often reflects how we feel physically, medical bodywork is one of the focuses of my practice. I use craniosacral therapy, spinal and visceral manipulation as gentle yet powerful tools to restore the natural movement of the body’s structures, which releases tension and soothes the nervous system. I also use nutrition, herbs, and homeopathy, and prescribe pharmaceuticals when necessary.
My background includes a decade of work in market research, software development and real estate franchise consulting. It’s an eclectic resume with two common threads: building relationships and teaching. Naturopathic medicine, a philosophy of healthcare founded on principles like Treat the Whole Person, Treat the Cause and Doctor as Teacher, provides me with the wonderful opportunity to integrate my skill set, interests, and desire to serve others.
I am very grateful to be practicing in the Edmonds community, where I also live with my family. My husband and I have two young kids and we are frequently out on the local beaches and hiking trails. As a family we enjoy reading, traveling, and singing along to Disney and classic rock music. I love to kayak and have found that an hour of paddling is my favorite form of medicine.
• Doctor of Naturopathic Medicine, Bastyr University, Kenmore, WA
• Bachelor of Arts, University of Washington, Seattle, WA
• Member, Washington Association of Naturopathic Physicians
• Member, American Association of Naturopathic Physicians
Areas of practice:
• Primary care including preventative services and care coordination
• Wellness including nutrition, weight loss and sleep support
• Mental health
• Hormone balancing
• Chronic pain
• Digestive disorders
• Cardiovascular health
• Immune system dysfunction including autoimmune conditions, allergies and chronic inflammation
Aetna (includes Humana)