Hormone Pellet Therapy
Hormone pellets are a great option for those needed hormone replacement (both men and women) who prefer to not have to take their hormone replacement daily.
Hormone pellets are compounded estradiol or testosterone that are made from organic plant materials, which have the exact molecular structure of those hormones found in the body. They are pressed into a solid compound that is about the size of a cooked grain of rice. These pellets are inserted just under the skin of the hip in an office visit that takes less than one hour typically and requires on a local anesthetic.
The physicians are trained in managing and inserting hormone pellets to treat a wide variety of hormone imbalances such as perimenopause, menopause and andropause (including but not limited to symptoms such as mood swings, weight gain, vaginal dryness, loss of libido, hair thinning, hot flashes, night sweats and erectile dysfunction). Benefits of hormone pellet therapy is that it provides a continuous release of daily hormones as well as removing the need to remember daily routines of taking other types of hormone therapies.
Some of the potential benefits associated with hormone pellet therapy:
1. Hormone Balance: Hormone pellet therapy aims to restore hormonal balance in the body. It can be particularly beneficial for individuals experiencing hormonal imbalances due to aging, menopause, or certain medical conditions.
2. Symptom Relief: Hormonal imbalances can lead to various symptoms such as hot flashes, night sweats, mood swings, fatigue, decreased libido, and sleep disturbances. Hormone pellet therapy may help alleviate these symptoms and improve overall well-being.
3. Convenience and Consistency: Once the pellets are inserted, they provide a continuous release of hormones, eliminating the need for daily application or remembering to take pills. This ensures a consistent level of hormones in the body, reducing fluctuations and providing a more stable hormonal environment.
For women, the pellets will generally last 3 to 4 months before the next insertion and for men the average length is 6 months. Insurance will pay for the appointment in most cases but they do no cover the cost of the pellets from the pharmacy. The clinic can provide you with a pricing list if you are interested in more information.
4. Personalized Treatment: Hormone pellet therapy is tailored to an individual's specific hormonal needs. The dosage and hormone combination can be adjusted based on the person's unique requirements, allowing for a personalized approach to hormone restoration.
5. Improved Quality of Life: By addressing hormonal imbalances and alleviating related symptoms, hormone pellet therapy has the potential to improve quality of life. It may enhance energy levels, mood stability, mental clarity, sleep patterns, sexual function, and overall vitality.
6. Longevity and Aging: Hormonal imbalances can contribute to the aging process and age-related conditions. Hormone pellet therapy may help counteract some of these effects by restoring hormone levels to a more youthful state, potentially promoting longevity and healthy aging.
7. Potential Health Benefits: Hormone replacement therapy, including pellet therapy, has been associated with potential health benefits such as improved bone density, cardiovascular health, and cognitive function. However, the overall impact on long-term health outcomes requires further research.
If you are considering hormone pellet therapy please schedule an appointment with your provider. Typically before we begin we also will need current health and physical screenings and appropriate lab work.
It's important to note that hormone pellet therapy should be administered by a qualified healthcare professional who can assess an individual's specific needs and monitor hormone levels regularly. Additionally, potential risks, side effects, and contraindications should be discussed with a healthcare provider before considering this therapy.